About the site:
Wholesomeaninal.com is a completely custom WordPress theme built specifically for Kenny and how WAGS interacts with the community. A few of the requirements included the following:
- The employees at WAG’s have to be able to edit and update pages on the site easily.
- Posts, news stories and images should automatically be published on Facebook and act to drive traffic BACK to the website.
- The staff have to be able to add and edit services, images, update descriptions on the home page.
- Able to easily add and remove products offered by WAGS
- Add appropriate videos from either a third party source OR from the WAGS YouTube channel.
- Remove the use of Flash from the site. The wagging tail on the dog was nice but Flash is a problem.
- At the start of the project the site had almost no website traffic. As the site has matured, traffic is growing and WAGS is organically ranking for key words in the Avon, CT market such as dog food, pet food and other search terms. This is despite the fact that there has been ZERO effort expended on SEO other than rebuilding the site and getting some of the pages indexed.
- To the right is the site prior to the update – it was written in a language which required a programmer to make the slightest change – so of course, nothing was ever changed.
- The site is now a custom WordPress theme. IF Kenny decides to pursue an ecommerce strategy, the site is set up with categories and the infrastructure to accommodate Woocommerce or some other solution.
- And lastly, we need to build the site and the features in increments because there is a limited budget for internet development! So are there rough spots in the design? Yup! But a website is a living document and it is a process!